Air Gear RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Quest for a Leader

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Quest for a Leader Empty The Quest for a Leader

Post  Ram Jet Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:59 pm

(Closed to me and the first person to post in here, preferably a team leader.)
(This follows Kabu's quest to find a person worthy of his protection and obedience, a character who leads a team would be the optimal choice.)

Kabu sat crossed legged on a park bench in a quiet, and growing silent, park. It was still bright and warm from the day's sun shining high though the sun was now setting, painting the horizon a mixture of orange, pink, and steadily growing blue. He sat quietly, absorbing the soft and subtle noises as a form of meditation after the day's practice, which today was his AT practice day, which he was still wearing on his feet and still wearing his usual AT outfit, sipping a cup of his herbal tea that he typically enjoys after hard work. His eyes were closed, preferring not let his sight interfere with the calm silence and the state of other worldliness that he was trying to achieve.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

https://airgearrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Quest for a Leader Empty The quest for a leader

Post  PointBlank Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 pm

Jiro was wandering through the park, which was beautiful to him because of the untouched nature surrounding it. He felt calm, almost as if his heart started beating completely. He was harmonized with the nature, breathing in every breath from the air, which was pure, and drinking in every moment. The timing was perfect for him, as that day he had nothing scheduled and so he could just calm down and relax. His heart pounded violently for a minute, as a few teenagers started talking about a new movie they were going to see after school the next day. He felt annoyed, but then looked toward the falling leaves from the tree as a breeze flew by relaxing himself.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

The Quest for a Leader Empty Re: The Quest for a Leader

Post  Ram Jet Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Kabu felt a clam, but slightly chilled wind flow past him, signifying the end of the day and the beginning of the cool night. The wind carried on it the voices of other people that were departing from the park as night was setting in. He could barely pick up the voices of several teenagers talking the movies or some stuff. Kabu didn't care for things like that, he didn't care for a lot of modern "conveniences". He liked things the traditional way and had no fond interest in modern technological advancements and breakthroughs, except for ATs of course.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:41 pm

As day turned to the cold bitter night Jiro sighed. The world seemed just to complicated, as students didn't just worry about next week's test, but what to wear, what if they broke up with "the one", seeing the new movie on it's midnight release, buying the brand new video game, which Jiro didn't really understand. As it got dark Jiro sat down, on a nearby bench, forgetting all about school tomorrow. He just waited as the chill wind nibbled at him, waiting for the animals of the night to come out and sing there songs, as well as for the complications to leave. He had his A-Ts with him, because he was preparing for a training session in the dark. He looked up at the sky and saw dark clouds, sighing, he thought to himself, it's going to rain, and I forgot my jacket.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Kabu's eyebrows raised slightly for a second as he felt the presence of another person sit on the bench next to him. It seemed as though the person hadn't realized that Kabu was there, which wasn't surprise as Kabu has even been mistaken for a statue in the past for doing a similar thing. He took another sip from his tea, his eyes still closed so as to and retain any feeling of his quiet tranquility as he could, though sitting here silently while another person could be watching him felt a little odd. He spoke softly and monotone, but loud enough to make sure he was heard. "Aren't you going to be late for the movie or the concert or whatever it is most people seem to be heading off to at this time of evening?"
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Jiro looked at him and sighed. He breathed in for a second, trying to think of a response that wasn't offensive, but he gave up to easily. He whispered, "Why do you ask? You're gonna be late to your cosplaying convention samurai wannabe? Or did you get lost on your way home from an epic showdown?" The last part was chock-filled with sarcasm, like a box of exwive-os. He wasn't disturbed at all by the man he had not noticed, but actually relieved, there was someone else who wasn't so obsessed with being hip, but he wasn't going to tell him that so easily.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Kabu didn't show a reaction to the other person's comment, though he did find it slightly amusing. "Hmm, good one." He replied in a clam, almost uninterested tone. He moved his legs so he was no longer sitting cross legged but instead was sitting normally on the bench and took another sip, eyes still closed. "Despite my appearance I'm not just some otaku who's into anime. I'm an actual samurai and should be respected as such..." He let out a slight, almost inaudible sigh. "Though it's not like being a samurai is really worthy of respect anymore since most people have forgotten the old ways. But what of you? What would bring someone of a mind set of this day and age to a quiet, boring scene like this?"
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Jiro was slightly caught off guard, as he did not know there were still samurai, the warriors of great. He smiled and then stroked his hair cairfully, one of his bangs had become off sided, which made him look like an alien. He sighed and then said, "I am the prince Jiro, second son to the great Oshiro family, and resident of the Chateau Pomme Blanc. As for my mindset, I find the others simply foolish, as they worry to much on pointless things, such as two hours of a show, or half a day of music. Wasting my life worrying would stop me from seeing the beauty of the world for all it is, the trees, the birds, the flowers, the sky, the sun, even the clouds. Protecting these things is much more pressing to me. Saving a baby sparrow is worth more then all the gold in world. I guess I may be outdated, but feeling the breeze in my hair is much more enjoyable then a movie, a concert, or a play."
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Kabu felt that he had found a sort of kindred spirit in this person as they seemed to share similar beliefs and views on the world. The fact that he spoke in such a formal tone and referred to himself as royalty of some sort was a bit surprising to him. He didn't think that kings and princes of the old world foreign lands of Europe still existed in this day and age, especially in a land such as Japan. Kabu felt that trying to remain in his state of meditation was inappropriate for this conversation and opened his eyes, getting his first look at the man he had been talking to, who actually turned out to be a teenager. It was certainly odd to see a teenager such as himself in such a formal white suit in a place like this and his bright complexion and blond hair gave him away as someone who wasn't a hundred percent Japanese. What truly drew Kabu's attention though was the ATs the boy was wearing, but he tried not to focus on it too much. He simply bowed his head slightly as a polite gesture. "My names is Chuusin Kabu. It's a pleasure to meet you, young sir."
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 pm

Finally Jiro had found one who understood his beliefs to great levels. He got up off the bench, bowed to him and said, " It is my honor to meet you great warrior Chuusin. May your blade be blessed with swiftness and it never go dull, for your wisdom is great. You deserve a prize for your steadfast power, but I do not have anything valuable with me, so for the time being, you will have to do with my respect." Jiro believed that Chuusin Kabu had been through many wars, and accomplished many things for he seemed wise.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Kabu motioned for him to sit down on the bench again. "You don't have to praise me so. I may follow the ways of the noble samurai but I have nothing great enough to deserve such praise. And even if you had some token of praise to give me I couldn't accept it, a samurai typically never accepts rewards for their tasks other than from their shogun. A samurai's only goal isn't to bring peace and happiness, it is only to follow the shogun's word and to with hold their honor if it means sacrificing their own life. A samurai is really just a tool, but an honorable tool that has been well built for its task." He took one last sip of his tea and stood up on his ATs, bowing to the young man out of tradition and respect. "I apologize for wasting your time with such outdated information. I thank you for the engaging conversation and your time." Kabu had noticed that almost all sunlight was gone from the sky and night was quickly befalling them and he preferred not to wander through the chilled night air despite how relaxing it might be.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:12 pm

When Jiro heard this he said, "I apologize, I must sound like a fool right now. I am simply respecting you as much as I respect the knights of old or a duke kind sir. Thank you for educating me in the philosophy of the samurai, but now I must go and practice a vital skill." Then Jiro got up, and left to practice A-T on a nearbye hill, but it was not downhill like what would be suspected, but an up-hill rush.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:29 am

Kabu, turned his back to Jiro as he began to walk away but he felt that he had to figure something out before he left to satisfy his own curiosity. "Before I leave, I have to ask, what got you into ATs? An admirer of natural beauty such as yourself being interested in ATs seems odd to me." He reached an arm into one of his large sleeves and gripped the handle of his steel bat loosely. In Kabu's experience, storm riders can be reckless and savages, attacking unsuspecting victims for their own amusement like petty thugs. While not all storm riders fit this description, and this boy certainly didn't seem to fit that description, Kabu always liked to be on the safe side.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:42 am

Jiro turned around and then looked at him in confusion. His whole statement was off to Jiro, as he was different than other storm riders, he did it solely for the feeling, not to be the best, or get money, or because the hot chicks think it's cool. He straitened his hair again, and then spoke softly, "I feel most away from the distractions when soaring through the air, hearing every bird's chirp in the sky, watching every cloud pass, feeling even the slightest breeze, seeing every flower, while I don't have to stop and discuss the difference between cable and satelite tv, or how the newest movies compare to eachother. Whatever you think of stormriders is simply because you met the wrong ones is something you should change, some of us just want to feel the wind, maybe even be the wind." he looked around, and then said, "it's hard being a prince, I have to be something else then just me, I have to put up a Facade. I'm not the man they think I am at home... and I think it's gonna be a long long time till I am." Jiro stopped in his tracks, turned around to noticed Kabu's hand in his sleeve, "Please don't do something you'd regret either,"
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Kabu scoffed at the comment made by the young prince. "One can never too careful around other storm riders. Though I'm not happy that one has to always be on edge in the world of ATs I'm sure you understand why one would have to take precautions." Though he respected the young man and meant him no ill-will, he felt that he may be an observer of the beauty of nature and a kind soul, but he was also a naive and maybe didn't fully understand the world of ATs, perhaps because of his age or upbringing, or both. "Also, though I mean no insult, I don't make decisions that would lead me to later regret them and though I don't know just how good you are, your tone says that you believe you could over power me. A practitioner of the samurai arts is the ultimate soldier, a finely tuned instrument. Though I hate to flaunt my abilities, I must also with hold the sacred of of the samurai."
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:38 pm

Jiro was going to remark rudely, but then reworded it quickly in his head to be much more understanding and patient. He humbly asked, " Doesn't using a concealed weapon taint the soul of the samurai, who's code is honor? How can you live knowing that you broke your lifestyle just to attack some child who you do not think even has a chance? If you are a real samurai, you wouldn't, for samurai may not be saints, but they still have rules. You are not a savage, so I hope you understand that I know more than looking at me would tell... I know a breeze is going to blow by soon, and in a few minutes the birds of the night will come out and sing, the bats shall screech, the foxes will forrage, so please do not think of me as a fool." Jiro felt slightly annoyed, but also relieved, he knew if the man had honor he would not attack him with whatever his weapon was, because Kabu thought Jiro was his inferior.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:50 pm

"Please don't misunderstand me young sir. I was merely preparing myself in case you had the plan to make an attack on me. I never attack anyone in a surprise tactic, that's for cowards. Even against enemies I let them use their own movements to create their own openings for me and use their foolishness to destroy them, though I guess I'm telling you too much." He loosened his grip of his bat and pulled his arm out of his sleeve to rest at his side. He had no intention of getting in a duel anyways, even if he was attacked, it wouldn't be the preferred way to end the encounter. "You seem wise and well educated for one such as yourself but there is still much you should learn of ATs and the world in general, especially the types of people you may encounter. Although there are many different kinds of riders many use ATs as a way to flaunt their own power and take advantage of the weak. Just make sure you watch out. He applied some pressure to his ATs rear wheels and slowly began to ride backwards away from Jiro.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:01 am

Jiro sighed, looking toward where the other teenagers were standing and talking about there day, whistling to the sounds of the night, "Thinking my way is like being in space. Burning out my fuse up here alone, I'm just waiting for touchdown, the time when we can stop being so worrying and suspicious, I miss the earth so much. It's lonely out in space, just like having different ideals then the norms. Choosing to stand for what I believe in and be different is a timeless flight, perhaps I will find I'm not the man they think I am back at home... or perhaps I am just getting to tired for this conversation, and spouting nonsense. Either way, may we continue this tomorrow, when the clock strikes noon?" he seemed tired, because he had strained his mind alot, thinking of ways to appear both intelligent and humble without giving an air of snobbishness.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:18 am

Kabu rotated on his ATs to face away from Jiro and began to ride forward. "If that is what you so wish. I'll be training near here by that time tomorrow. If you wish to continue this conversation you may meet me here at that time then." He waved over his shoulder at Jiro to show he acknowledged his request for another meaning though Kabu couldn't give him a formal farewell as he had to return to his dojo in order to complete his night training and get his much required sleep.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:33 am

Jiro nodded his head, and waved, even though he wasn't facing Kabu, and then continued to practice, knowing that he would get stronger for a better reason then others would. He practiced for about an hour, and then left for his home in a quiet fashion.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:56 am

The Next Day

Sweat dripped from his head onto the paved sidewalk of a busy street near the park from the previous day. Kabu was practicing his riding backwards, looking over his shoulder as he rode, navigating through the busy sidewalk and turning and maneuvering though the crowds of people hustling through the city for one reason or another. He constantly got angry shouts from stuffy businessmen and teenagers as he narrowly leaned and weaved past them in the thicket of anonymous faces that were wrapped up in the bothers and/or pleasures of their own society. Kabu sweat through his white shirt and light body armor as he rode, carrying his bat in one hand, the leather straps on his hands and arms aiding his grip. He stopped for nothing, for no one, his mind was only focused on training, his sight centered only on the end goal. Though he really had no reason to ride or no one to ride for, he felt a force compelling him to keep riding, to keep riding and help others do the same.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:29 pm

Jiro panted, thinking about how he tried to race the forest. He tried to grab a leaf from one hundred meters away, trying to outspeed a bee to a flower, but it failed. He was to distracted, so instead he headed toward the park. Once he got there, he waited for Kabu for days.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:07 am

Kabu turned the corner of the street suddenly and sharply, narrowly misses the corner of a building as he leaned into the turn. He turned around from his backwards riding stance using his left leg as an axis, slowing down momentarily before a sudden burst of speed after applying pressure to the front wheel of his ATs. He raced down the sidewalk through the the crowd that slowly died down until it was just a few dwindling passerbys on their way to their designated locations as dictacted by their basic daily routine of monotony. As Kabu got closer to the park he saw the thick trees and vivid green grass that offset the gray steel and concrete of urban society. He weaved between trees and bushes until he reached a path running through the park. He followed the path until he had reached the bench he had met the young prince at not too long ago.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:12 am

Jiro had been waiting for a little, and he was a wee bit tired. He waited for Kabu to speak, as he didn't want to start the conversation. He was bored, and didn't think of how to start speaking with the samurai. He listened carefully, waiting for the sound of the man's voice.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:46 am

Kabu stopped a few feet away from Jiro and stood there silently for a moment before bowing politely to the young man. "... So why is it that you decided to meet me here today and continue our previous conversation?"
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum