Air Gear RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regalia for the stealth King

4 posters

Go down

Regalia for the stealth King Empty Regalia for the stealth King

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:44 am

ok so i need a regalia for this road

Road Name: Obscure Road (might change since road no longer uses smoke)

King Name: Stealth King

Road Description: Riders of the Stealth Road rely on their ability to escape detection. They are generally extremely adept at staying hidden and moving silently. These riders prefer to strike from the shadows or from behind, and then retreat quickly. They often utilize hit and run tactics, appearing out of nowhere and promptly fading away again after striking.

my first two attempts

Regalia Name: Silent Fog

Regalia Description: The AT emits a cloud of smoke with properties similar to fog (denser then air but still floats). This cloud is emitted out of the back of the AT through a device that looks like an exhaust pipe. By riding in circles, the Stealth King can create an area filled with fog, or they can simply use it as a smoke screen to blind those following them.

Regalia Name: Refract Gloves

Regalia Description: This regalia consists of a pair of red gloves connected by chords to the AT's. As the Stealth King rides faster, His AT's build up heat through friction. This head is transferred through the chords to the gloves. The gloves then emit this heat. When held in front of the Stormrider, a wave of head will pass over them, causing light to refract because of the difference in densities of the air. This allows them to disappear while moving quickly, without requiring them to reach the uncontrollable speeds of a Flame King. However, this wave of heat will disperse quickly if the Stealth King slows down, so an instant before they attack they are visible. The advantage of this over a Flame King is that the Stealth King is more maneuverable while cloaked. However this ability cannot be used for long or else the stealth king will be baked by his own heat. The gloves can also be sued to burn things, but only while the Stealth King is moving quickly.

Regalias are generally supposed to utilize either the air around them (ram jet, wing regalia) or some characteristic of the way in which the Stormrider rides (fast riders make flames, riders who use their hips use a whip)

taking these things into consideration, does anyone have an idea for a regalia for this road?
i was thinking of something that would help me preform hit and run attacks (like Silent Fog), or something that would allow me to disappear quickly and easily (like the Refract Gloves), but really any suggestion is appreciated
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Regalia for the stealth King Empty Re: Regalia for the stealth King

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:47 am

things that may inspire you
ninjas
assassins
thieves
stealth bombers
batman
electric cars (they have silent engines)
naruto shinobi
the color black

thats all i got
sorry for this writers block on the regalia, usually im full of ideas
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:48 am

Honestly, you could just use the Rising Road, since the description of that road is for more stealthy riders
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

https://airgearrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:05 am

they are more traps instead o fstealth, plus i dont really want that regalia
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 am

just an idea that popped into my head, skates that sound like they are coming from a different direction. its not that powerful but its just a thought...
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 am

Just because they focus more on traps doesn't mean you can't change it a little to apply to only attacks, as long as it's stealthy. An ambush is still a trap. And even if you don't want the Regalia for that road you don't have to use it, you can use your own custom AT mod and still be considered a king, you just have to own, you don't necessarily have to use them if you don't want to.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:46 am

i would rather have a regalia thats useful, no point in being king unless i get to use the regalia. how bout i just have the regalia be the silencers on the AT's so they are completely silent without loosing speed or maneuverability, since i really cant think of anything i dont really like the first two regalias i thought of.
i know, the AT's have a special mechanism in them that used air running through the AT to power it, and that mechanism emits sound waves that are completely out of phase with any sound emitted by the wearer (except speech) so they cancel any sounds the Stealth king makes so he is COMPLETELY silent, not even a bat could detect him (cuz the AT's would cancel the sonic waves that bounced off the user)

its not particularly strong regalia, but it goes with the road.
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Yeah, but that would still be just the same road with a different Regalia, and that would completely ruin the point of having standard roads in the first place. You may not like the Thunder Regalia but I'm sure if you thought about it you could find a good stealthy way to use it and then you'd atleast have a good Regalia you could use
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanilla_Dawg_Bone Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:44 pm

I agree with Ram, I mean, making a new road thats excactly the same as an already excisting one just for a different regailia is stupid.
Vanilla_Dawg_Bone
Vanilla_Dawg_Bone

http://theonepiecerp.forum-motion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Regalia for the stealth King Empty Regalia for the stealth king

Post  PointBlank Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Maybe Fwink's road is different, you just can't tell because it hasn't been used yet, and it will be used in a different way.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:55 pm

The description of it pretty much the same as the Rising Road, while he wants to use it a little differently, he can still use that road and doesn't have to make a completely new road for it
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 pm

The road itself will be defined by who is on that path so in effect the way he plays defines it,
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 pm

That's true, which is why people can ride on the Rising Road but still have a little variation in it while still keeping the basic concept the same, which is what Fwink is trying to do
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm

We really have to wait and see to tell if that is true or not
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Well I appreciate everyone's input in this matter but I'm afraid I'm going to stand my ground on this topic
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 pm

my road is entirely about staying hidden and hit and run tactics
rising road is about laying traps and disabling AT's in battle
only similarity is they dont go into direct fights
by that token i would also be the same as the ring road

besides i didnt create this topic to ask if u liked my road or not, i wanted ideas for a regalia
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Well here is my idea, come up from the name but it's effect is that it lays small capsules that open and release a fog ( or a screech) triggered by a special button attached to a glove.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:40 pm

see the first post in the topic, has something similar called "Silent Fog". so far that was my favorite of the regalia i thought of, so i may just go with that
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:42 pm

The idea of mine is setting locations to make it seem like you are somewhere else, not set a blinding or destracting attack, becuase most would think the origin of the effect is where the person would be.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:42 pm

Well, the Rising road is mainly about being stealthy, while it is often seen as setting traps it can be adjusted to fit hit and run ambush tactics. As far as Regalia goes, you could honestly use the Thunder Regalia really well for hit and run attacks. Just change the magnetism in a certain spot so when someone goes through that spot it messes up their brain waves and disorientates them. Then, while they are disabled, you can move out of your hiding spot to attack them and then retreat again before they even realized what happened.

And I apologize if I'm coming off as rude or impolite, I'm just trying to say that there's not a lot of a point of creating a whole new road when an already existing one can just be adjusted a little and work just as well.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fwink Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 pm

give me three pieces of evidence about it being stealthy and i may consider it

these two roads are less similar then the horn road and the bloody road by the way
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  PointBlank Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:51 pm

PointBlank wrote:The idea of mine is setting locations to make it seem like you are somewhere else, not set a blinding or destracting attack, becuase most would think the origin of the effect is where the person would be.

Just making sure you see it Fwink and you may not get it, but what I read says nothing about stealth Ram Jet, it says stuff about support and planning.
PointBlank
PointBlank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:00 am

While it is briefly mentioned in the description, the Rising Road is about drawing less attention to yourself (i.e. stealth) and being able to attack or disable your opponent without open combat (i.e. traps or ambushes). Though the road may usually be used in the trap aspect but, as I have said before, a hit and run ambush is still a type of trap. Either way, any type of trap requires stealth, which is what the Rising Road focuses on. You can't set a successful trap or make a successful ambush if your opponent knows you're there.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fwink Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:06 am

thats two pieces of evidence
and setting traps is not part of my road, neither is planning ambush in the noun definition of the word (preparing and laying in wait), and i dont think the rising road is about sneaking around undetected,
i think that the Kings aren't really people who like to lead super teams that destroy all opposition, thats what it means when it says not drawing attention to oneself.
and no traps do not require stealth if they are laid ahead of time, they only require it when they are laid in the middle of the battle, and then they don;t require as much stealth as sneaking up on the opponent
also the Obscure road doesnt focus on disabling enemy AT's like the rising road does
Fwink
Fwink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down