Air Gear RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support/Ring road (brainstorm?)

3 posters

Go down

Support/Ring road (brainstorm?) Empty Support/Ring road (brainstorm?)

Post  Watt Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:13 am

So, I've been looking at the Ring Road, and I'll admit, I like the idea of making a guy that's all about support. Thing is, not sure how he would do that in and out of battle/races. For example, what are the limitations on the benefits that tuning would bring? Can the Ring rider change the parts on riders' ATs? Can a Ring rider of a certain rank combine them, as long as they aren't two of the same part?

I guess here would be a place for brainstorming and sharing ideas of abilities and limitations of the Ring Road Stormriders, at least until the admins come up with some ultimatum. Any ideas at all, put 'em down.
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Support/Ring road (brainstorm?) Empty Re: Support/Ring road (brainstorm?)

Post  Fuzz Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Good question. I'm not sure either but I'm thinking along the lines of riders that go down this road are able to ride in battles and stuff, but they don't start off with custom AT's. They can win them or be given them, but just can't start with them
Fuzz
Fuzz

Back to top Go down

Support/Ring road (brainstorm?) Empty Re: Fuzz

Post  Watt Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Fuzz wrote:Good question. I'm not sure either but I'm thinking along the lines of riders that go down this road are able to ride in battles and stuff, but they don't start off with custom AT's. They can win them or be given them, but just can't start with them

That makes sense, since no AT mod would really be applicable or relating to their road. Any thoughts on aspects in and out of battle?
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:26 am

i think that if someone wins in a battle and gets someone elses at mods, that someone from the ring road would be able to combine them, as long as its logical. also i think that in battles they should just be your average joe
Fuzz
Fuzz

Back to top Go down

Support/Ring road (brainstorm?) Empty Re: Fuzz

Post  Watt Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:02 am

Fuzz wrote:i think that if someone wins in a battle and gets someone elses at mods, that someone from the ring road would be able to combine them, as long as its logical. also i think that in battles they should just be your average joe

Yeah, I agree with the first half. The second half, I agree on in terms of tricks, speed, and strength, but apparently riders of the Ring road can tune and fix ATs mid-battle in just several seconds (dependent on skill, of course). So, idk. Maybe there should be... a skill tree or something for the Ring Road. Not a complicated one, just showing certain skills that the rider has in dealing with ATs. Really, that's the only way I can think of it, unless it just goes by rank, since they WILL have to have limitations, yet they will have some irregular capabilities in boosting the abilities of ATs.

On another note, will the ATs ever really break in the rp's here? So far, there's been no indication that they do, so fixing ATs might be completely obsolete, in which case it would just be left to (ONLY IDEAS):
-combining AT parts
-boosting capabilities of ATs (temporarily, I guess)
-mid-battle
-out of battle
-tuning Regalia? Well, nobody's near there yet, so we'll deal with that when we get to it, I guess.

I suppose try and come up with stuff to add to this list, in addition to answering any previously stated questions and/or posing your own.
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:51 am

i think that as battles begin to increase, that people will end up breaking AT's. If some one were to attack with their AT's, if the receiver has some sort of counter or attack strong enough to break the AT, I think that they should be able to so the ring road comes in handy. Otherwise I think that maybe after every third battle you should have your AT's tuned and if you don't, your speed and maneuvering should decrease every race until they are unusable at about 5 races in a row.
Fuzz
Fuzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Sun May 29, 2011 6:10 am

Ideally a rider of the Ring Road would act as a buffer. They may not necessarily compete in battles but, as Fuzz says, they keep their team functioning. Having a rider on the Ring Road isn't a necessity for a team, but having one means that your team will generally be able to ride faster and pull of tricks more smoothly.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

https://airgearrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down