Air Gear RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Blackout" Jericho

3 posters

Go down

"Blackout" Jericho Empty "Blackout" Jericho

Post  Watt Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Name: Jericho

Nickname: Blackout

Home city/country: Los Angeles, United States

Appearance: Jericho is of about average size, being 5'11" and around 160 lbs. He's relatively lean, but has some notable muscle in his arms and legs. His shaggy, dark brown hair is about medium length. He wears A black zip-up hoodie (with the hood usually up), which is zipped about halfway up a plain white tee-shirt. For pants, Jericho wears a pair of loosely fitting gray jeans. Jericho is almost always seen wearing aviator sunglasses.

History: Jericho grew up in a well-off, though dysfunctional family in California. His parents divorced when he was 4, both to remarry within the same year. Neither of his parents paid much attention to Jericho, though they weren't abusive at all. Jericho was an average student in school, doing better in some classes than others. Come middle school, he began taking a real interest in technology. First, he was most interested in computers, but high school saw a change in direction. He began to take more of an interest in auto repair, notably engines. Outside of school, a friend got Jericho into parkour, though Jericho was not very good at first. Through high school, these two things kept him going. By the end of high school, Jericho could disassemble and assemble an engine in a very short time, not to mention he became relatively good at freerunning. Upon graduating, he started to go to community college, but quickly lost interest to classes in comparison to his own projects, resulting in him dropping out after a semester. His parents gave him enough money to live on his own for a while, but Jericho felt he had no real direction in life. His interests were just that: interests. However, a few months later, Jericho heard about the AT revolution in Japan and was fascinated by both the technology and the concept. He immediately moved to Japan to become a Storm Rider. This was everything he had hoped for and more. The exhilaration of riding was ecstasy, and the technology behind it was intriguing. A few months after experimenting with ATs, Jericho met Brink, a young boy who had just recently moved from the U.S. Jericho introduced him to ATs, and upon the boy quickly learning how to ride, immediately agreed when Brink proposed starting a team.

Personality: Jericho is somewhat self-centered, being a loner most of his life. He focuses attention on something if it interests him, but otherwise, Jericho seems very uninterested and detached. Jericho usually keeps to himself during conversations, but he is not shy, so to speak. He always appears to have a calm, collected attitude, thinking things out before executing.

Road: Rising Road

Road Description: (See Rising Road description)

Team: Edge

Custom AT Modification: EMF
A device is installed in the AT that, when activated by double-clicking the brake, creates a relatively small electromagnetic field (range of up to 10 yards) that temporarily disables lighting devices caught in the field. The current is not nearly strong enough to disable ATs or any other electronic devices. The field lasts for about half a minute (2 posts), and is recharged through a combination of tapping into the motor's power and, optionally, heat energy created by the moving wheels (4 posts while moving, 5 while stationary).

Signature Tricks:
Ground-to-Cloud Discharge - Within proximity of an opponent, Jericho leans to one side while decreasing the speed of the AT on the side he's leaning to, places his hand on the ground, and uses the speed of the outside AT to more or less spin in a half circle, sweeping the opponent's feet out from under them. This move is incredibly fast, but not terribly damaging.
Thunderhead - Jericho comes up to a wall and and leans away while jumping towards it. Upon making contact with the wall, Jericho activates his brakes to stop mid-wall and pushes straight away from it, bringing one of his knees up to collide with the opponent with a good amount of velocity.
Chain Whip - Jericho uses a chain made of very small links to wrap around an opponent's leg(s), arm, or weapon to capture, trip, and/or disarm them. The chain is light and flexible, though extremely hard to break.
Stormbreaker - Jericho wraps his chain around one hand, worn like brass knuckles. Jericho races towards an opponent in a crouched position, turns his speed into upward force, and delivers an uppercut.

Goal: See how far being a Storm Rider can take him, and acquire the Thunder Regalia as a souvenir.

Last edited by Watt on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:56 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a move. Nothing special.)
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

"Blackout" Jericho Empty Re: "Blackout" Jericho

Post  Ram Jet Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Same with Fuzz, needs to be fully finished before approval but it looks like everything's on the right track. I'm pretty sure that AT modification is similar to one someone else already has but its a pretty basic idea so I guess it can't be helped. Neutral
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

https://airgearrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:59 pm

so um ya i tied jericho to my background, take a look at it. ill change it if it wont make sense but if ya want try to tie wht i said into ur history to
Fuzz
Fuzz

Back to top Go down

"Blackout" Jericho Empty Custom AT

Post  Watt Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey, I know the character has a ways to go before approval. FYI, I changed the AT mod to be entirely passive so that it doesn't have to be activated (I was originally very careful of not making it too powerful since I'm ENTIRELY new to everything Air Gear, but I realized it wasn't that close). After looking over character's AT mods, could I change mine, pending approval?
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm

You can pretty much change whatever you want until its approved. After that it stays the same.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Blackout" Jericho Empty Custom AT

Post  Watt Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Changed the AT modification. Tell me if it's too much, and if so, if it's a problem that could be solved by putting more of a dampener on it. I'd just like to get that out of the way before I finish everything else.
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm

So, just to be bluntly clear, all it does is turn off light bulbs or other lights and that's all it can turn off, right?
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Blackout" Jericho Empty Re to Ram Jet

Post  Watt Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Ram Jet wrote:So, just to be bluntly clear, all it does is turn off light bulbs or other lights and that's all it can turn off, right?

Yes. Only lighting sources. To make it more clear, the field stays with the ATs, so if Jericho moves, the field moves, and any lights no longer in the field are restored. Though since it is short, this is really only applicable for when he activates it while moving.
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 pm

I think that's fine since it doesn't actually directly affect other people and its post limits make it very appropriate.
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Blackout" Jericho Empty Final Draft

Post  Watt Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Finished final draft of Jericho. I extended the duration of the EMF, since it doesn't directly affect opponents and has a recharge time, compared to, say, Ray Kaizen's AT mod.
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ram Jet Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Well, everything seems to have been properly filled out (finally...)

APPROVED
Ram Jet
Ram Jet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:03 pm

im diggin him
Fuzz
Fuzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:13 pm

you should use some trip wire or something so you can set up traps and what not
Fuzz
Fuzz

Back to top Go down

"Blackout" Jericho Empty Re: Fuzz

Post  Watt Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Fuzz wrote:you should use some trip wire or something so you can set up traps and what not

I thought about that, but come on, how practical is that in a race or fight, unless I have some device that shoots out wire on either side which sticks to surfaces or something? Not to mention, after some research on the Rising Road and Thunder King, wires were used to wrap up and electrocute opponents with the Thunder regalia*. I thought the EMF and chain were about as close as I was going to get without coming up with some unnecessary, inconvenient junk.

*research done without doing extensive reading. If they were used in simpler ways by team members, remember, its a team of like 20+ people.
Watt
Watt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum